Today I found myself in a fairly bad situation where I had to deal with an emergency situation that involved a lot of blood all over the place. I am fairly organised but I found myself needing to find someone an emergency dentist at 8pm on a Saturday night. While I sit here in the waiting room it got me to thinking about emergencies in general – I know where all my emergency services are near home but I travel a lot and cannot say the same for everywhere I go! I keep an emergency contact sheet in Evernote and have emergency numbers in their own category in my phone. Ask yourself the following of all the places you commonly frequent:
- Do you know where to find the closest accident emergency ?
- Do you know where to find the closest farmaci ?
- Do you know where to find the nearest emergency dentist?
- Do you know the emergency phone number for the country you are in?
- Do you have all your personal and medical information to hand?
- Are all these places open 24/7 ?
To some people these questions are really important, and if you have kids there's a whole load of other numbers you really need to know. It's worth occasionally checking your emergency contact list becuase after all it is needed in an emergency!